We are excited to create a new photography experience to the jewel of the South Shore! Just 4 square km and with 2300 permanent residents, Lunenburg is a historic shipbuilding town that is acclaimed as one of just two urban UNESCO World Heritage Sites in North America.
The Old Town weaves its own special spell taking visitors back to the 18th and 19th centuries when this fishing port bristled with tall ships. Vividly coloured historic homes line streets banked sharply up from the harbour which is home to the Bluenose II - Nova Scotia's famous sailing ambassador. The bustling Lunenburg waterfront is alive with industry, architecture and artisan shops that showcase the character of this historical port. Seventy percent of the original buildings from the 18th and 19th centuries continue to greet visitors with their colourful facades.
A photographer's Kodachrome dream, from the casual to the professional. Even if you don't have a camera you'll enjoy the sites, the sounds and the stories of the South Shore & Lunenburg - which was voted the best the 'Best Staycation Spot' in Nova Scotia by Nova Scotians this past year!
We have a lunch break in Lunenburg, before moving on to explore the quaint fishing village of Blue Rocks and the historic town of Mahone Bay. After an exhilarating day exploring the coastal beauty of the South Shore, we'll head back to Halifax with fantastical stories from the old town's living history, and the unique images in your camera to prove to everyone what a fantastic experience you've had!
- Pick up & drop off with licensed return transport from downtown Halifax
- Tour guides are local professional photographers
- Small groups of 10 or less (larger, private group sizes available upon request)
- Your guide is a local photographer & nationally certified tour director
- Explore and capture Lunenburg, Blue Rocks & more
- Lunch break in Lunenburg (food not included in tour price)
- Tailored photography insights & instruction to improve your travel photography
- See Peggy's Cove area from decades past with images from the NS Archives
- Complimentary beverages to keep you hydrated (bottled water, juice, pop, etc)
- A custom gift pack from Picture Perfect Tours
(*Times may vary upon request.)
Our Lunenburg tour is generally considered a private tour. The price is the minimum for one to four adult guests. Additional guests are $75.00 CAD pp + tax when booked as a group. Pricing arrangements can be made to structure this as a public group tour as well. Our tours require a fair amount of walking often over uneven terrain and several flights of stairs to get the best images. We do not recommend our tours to anyone who may have; mobility issues, breathing difficulties, back problems or may be pregnant.