Lunenburg Photo Tour
$580.00 + HST for 1 - 4 guests & $75.00 + HST per additional guest
(kids age 0-4 free, 5 -12 50% off)
May 28th to Oct 31st - 7:00 am to 4:00 pm*
We are excited to have teamed with Shelah and Ashlee of Lunenburg Walking Tours - the #1 TripAdvisor activity in Lunenburg - to create a brand new photography tour to the jewel of the South Shore! Just 4 square km and with 2300 permanent residents, Lunenburg is a historic shipbuilding town that is acclaimed as one of just two urban UNESCO World Heritage Sites in North America.
The Old Town weaves its own special spell taking visitors back to the 18th and 19th centuries when this fishing port bristled with tall ships. Vividly coloured historic homes line streets banked sharply up from the harbour which is home to the Bluenose II, Nova Scotia's famous sailing ambassador. The bustling Lunenburg waterfront is alive with industry, architecture and artisan shops that showcase the character of this historical port. We tour on foot a town where the past meets the present. Seventy percent of the original buildings from the 18th and 19th centuries continue to greet visitors with their colourful facades. A photographer's Kodachrome dream, from the casual to the professional.
We leave Halifax by 9:00 am and make the hour drive south to meet with Shelah and Ashlee who have designed a historical tour of their home town that is tailored to visual and aural learner. Even if you don't have a camera you'll enjoy the sites, the sounds and the stories of the South Shore from the quirky, the superstitious and adventures on the high seas.
We have a lunch break in Lunenburg, we move on to explore the beautiful fishing village of Blue Rocks and then the historic town of Mahone Bay.
After an exhilarating day exploring the coastal beauty of the South Shore, we'll head back to Halifax with fantastical stories from the old town's living history, and the unique images in your camera to prove to everyone what a fantastic experience you've had!
- Pick-up & drop-off from accommodations in downtown Halifax
- Licensed transport to & from Lunenburg
- Your guide is an experienced local photographer & nationally certified tour director
- Custom historical tour with Lunenburg Walking Tours - #1 TripAdvisor tour in Lunenburg
- We explore and capture Lunenburg, Blue Rocks & more in the picturesque South Shore
- Candid snapshots of you & your group visiting our urban UNESCO World Heritage site
- Tailored photography insights & camera tips to improve your travel photos
- Complimentary beverages to keep you hydrated (bottled water, juice, pop, etc)
- Lunch break in Lunenburg (food not included in tour price)
- A set of beautiful postcards from Picture Perfect Tours
(*Times may vary upon request.)